Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Curry and Lodge openings

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Curry and Lodge openings
March 21, 2013 01:03PM
Curry and Lodge Openings

Curry Village is opening for the season on Friday March 22nd! The Pavilion will be open daily for breakfast and dinner beginning with Dinner on Friday, March 22. The Curry Village Pizza Deck and Bar will be open daily beginning Friday March 22. The Curry Village Coffee Corner will be open daily beginning Saturday March 23. Curry Village is at shuttle stops #13b, 14 and 20. The Yosemite Lodge at The Falls Bike Stand will be open for the season on Saturday March 23, weather permitting. Hours of operation are from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. The last bike rental will go out at 4:45 PM. and all bikes in by 5:45 PM. Yosemite Lodge Bikes are available at shuttle stop #8. (W. Kearns)
March 21, 2013 07:51PM
Yes, but is the lounge open yet? When we were there in January the lounge building was closed for repairs due to a fire...
Re: Curry and Lodge openings
March 21, 2013 09:22PM
The lounge didn't look too bad in Feb when I was there. My guess is they are done with repairs by now. They even had a fire going to keep the workers warm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 09:22PM by hotrod4x5.
avatar Re: Curry and Lodge openings
March 27, 2013 04:33PM
Does anyone know if the construction (destruction) of the cabins at Curry is still going on? We were in the park in January and were shocked to find the cabins being removed (torn down). Specifically including the Curry family cabin, rather than moving it to another area for historical preservation. We will be returning in June, and are concerned that we will be surrounded by the sounds of heavy equipment, rather than the peace and quiet of nature.
March 27, 2013 08:15PM
thechief
Does anyone know if the construction (destruction) of the cabins at Curry is still going on? We were in the park in January and were shocked to find the cabins being removed (torn down). Specifically including the Curry family cabin, rather than moving it to another area for historical preservation. We will be returning in June, and are concerned that we will be surrounded by the sounds of heavy equipment, rather than the peace and quiet of nature.
I took a walk around Curry this morning...west of the registration and lounge (south of the ice rink) they are rehabbing some of the oldest cabins and I think the sign said that they would be done in the Spring, and from what I could see that seemed possible. The removal of the cabins in the rockfall zones seems to be complete. There were a bunch of construction trucks at the east end of the parking lot with a bunch of work going on in the old Boystown area...not sure what that was all about. They started work promptly at 7. beep, beep, beep as the trucks backed up. I thought it was my alarm going off!
May 11, 2013 01:36PM
May 12, 2013 04:08AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login