Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite Stereoview pictures

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yosemite Stereoview pictures
March 27, 2013 06:00PM
Please enjoy these stereoview pictures. I took the color photos myself, this past January 2013. It was my first attempt to take Stereoview pictures. It took a little experimenting but turned out pretty good for a first time. I invite anyone to save and print these to enjoy. I have also started collecting old stereoview cards of Yosemite, Sequia, and Yellowstone, which I am happy to share with you as time allows me to add them to my Flickr page. I invite comments and or suggestions. Thanks for taking a look. I will be in Sequia in two weeks, and Yosemite in mid to late June, so look for more pictures later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 06:26PM by thechief.
avatar Re: Yosemite Stereoview pictures
March 27, 2013 06:03PM
For anyone who would like to print these, or any old, stereoview cards at home to view on thier stereoscope viewer. Here is a link to a free program which I have been useing for a few months now with no problems at all with my PC laptop running Windows 7.
http://www.3ddigitalphoto.com/make3d.asp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 06:32PM by thechief.
March 27, 2013 06:11PM
March 27, 2013 06:13PM
Oh, I missed the part about useing only the little button with the mountains and the sun to attach URLs for pictures. So disregard my previouse question about how to do it. Thanks again.
March 27, 2013 06:15PM
March 27, 2013 06:16PM
March 27, 2013 06:17PM
March 27, 2013 06:18PM
March 27, 2013 06:19PM
March 27, 2013 06:20PM
March 28, 2013 01:13AM
Thanks for posting the photos.

What to you use to view them for the best stereo effect?
March 28, 2013 07:43AM
You need a stereo viewer to view them as they are. I copied them, opened them in Photoshop, reversed the images left/right and then I can free-fuse them. That takes some practice but you get the best color. Another choice is to open them in Photoshop, copy the red channel from the left image, paste it into the red channel in the right image to create an anaglyph and view it with the red/blue glasses.
March 29, 2013 01:26AM
I use a stereoscope or stereoviewer. They can be found on Ebay for about $35 to $50 for a simple one, or really nice ones go for as much as a couple hundred. Or, you can buy a build it yourself kit from Amazon for about $50. I stained and built one for my mother for Christmas. The ones that are not kits, are usually about 100 years old, and can be made of variouse woods, or even metals. But, you can also simply open the images on your computer screen so that they fill as much of it as possible. Then, cross your eyes, till the two images become one, when your eye focas on the one that appears in the middle, it will look really 3D. To me, it really makes me remember what it is like to actually be there. More so than a regular flat picture. I am just learning about 3D, so there is a lot I do not know beyond what I have described here. Others may have more ideas. Hope this helps.
April 01, 2013 06:42PM
You can't just open them on the computer and cross your eyes. You need to swap the images right/left first then the cross your eyes method will work. It can take a lot of practice to free fuse the images and some people can never learn how to do it. If you haven't tried it, give it a try. It's free and works just as good as the viewer.smiling smiley
March 28, 2013 08:41AM
Stereo or 'regular'....... nice photos. Thanks for sharing them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login