Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Vernal Fall Comfort Station

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Vernal Fall Comfort Station
March 29, 2013 02:41PM
The Vernal Fall Comfort Station and Drinking Fountain will be open for the 2013 season on Friday, March 29th.
avatar Re: Vernal Fall Comfort Station
March 29, 2013 03:41PM
Are those located just above Vernal Fall or at the footbridge where the Mist and John Muir trails separate?

I remember seeing composting toilets in the comfort station above Vernal Fall. I don't remember a water fountain there, but I wasn't looking for one.

The toilets near the footbridge are flushies, so they'd need water to operate. There is a drinking fountain there (with faucets for filling bottles). I tried the water last July, and wished I'd filtered it first. It seemed to have obscene amounts of chlorine (or chloramine) in it.
avatar Re: Vernal Fall Comfort Station
March 30, 2013 01:23AM
well the restrooms with the drinking fountain/water fountain are located at the wooden foot bridge just below vernal fall. there are additional restrooms on top of vernal fall but the ones on top don't have a drinking fountain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login