Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Ribbon Fall and Liberty Cap

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ribbon Fall and Liberty Cap
March 31, 2013 06:51PM
Hey all,
I've been lurking this site for a while, now, and figured I should contribute. I and some friends just got back from Yosemite Valley this week, and we did some pretty unique hikes, so I figured I'd share some pictures. The first day, we hiked to the base of Ribbon Falls, which I only knew one could do because of this forum. Here are some pictures:

I wrote up a longer trip report on my website. We also climbed up the Yosemite Falls Trail and Liberty Cap. I'll post some of those pictures later as I process them. Enjoy!

Tyler

My Trip Blog
avatar Re: Ribbon Fall and Liberty Cap
March 31, 2013 11:25PM
Thanks for posting the photos and the link to your more detailed trip report.

It never gets old looking at these close-up photos of Ribbon Fall.
April 01, 2013 07:38AM
I just processed some more of the pictures. The second day, I climbed up the Upper Yosemite Falls trail. It was really dry up there compared to this time in years past. This is the slope right past the bridge over Yosemite Creek. Since I've been coming up, there's usually snow over the rocks here through April, but not so this year.

This was probably the most snow I saw on the entire trip:

The high country still had plenty of snow, though:

The next day we headed up Vernal and Nevada Falls. We realized that it would be quite dry up in Little Yosemite Valley, too, so as we were hiking, we decided to climb up Liberty Cap, too. The bits of snow here or there along the route made the climb a little bit more sketchy, but all in all, it was fun. It was a bit of a bushwack:

Here's Half Dome from the summit:

And Little yosemite Valley:

It's weird how dry this spring is, even compared to last year. It made for easy travel through the higher places around Yosemite Valley, though. Fun trip!
April 01, 2013 09:31PM
Thanks for the photos. Begs the question: which one is the real "El Cap?" El Cap or L Cap. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
avatar Re: Ribbon Fall and Liberty Cap
April 01, 2013 09:39AM
Nice photos! And welcome to the forum by the way. I haven't been to Yosemite in a while, so I haven't had anything to contribute yet. Soon.......

I enjoyed the photos and will check out the report on your site.

Thanks!
April 03, 2013 09:56AM
I put up some of the videos of the trip on Youtube.

Ribbon Fall:

Liberty Cap:

Enjoy! And there's a trip report for our climb up Liberty Cap on my site.

My Trip Blog
April 05, 2013 05:37PM
Very cool - thanks for posting this!

PS: Great web site - very interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:39PM by Royalist.
April 05, 2013 11:34PM
Thanks! I'll be putting more stuff up in the future. Just got to put together more trips.

My Trip Blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login