Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Camping on North Dome??

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camping on North Dome??
April 01, 2013 08:43PM
Hello... Is it possible to spend a night on top of north dome? Or near there? Last fall I went for the day hike loop and while passing north dome thought it would make a great place for a sunset and sunrise... so has anyone done that? Is a permit required? Thanks for any info~
avatar Re: Camping on North Dome??
April 01, 2013 11:51PM
Hey, yea I did that last year in May and it was a great spot to spend the night. The closest water is about a mile away from the dome in Royal Arch Creek but its definitely worth carrying the extra weight for the view. In order to be totally legal I believe you have to be a half mile or so from the rim. There are a few established campsites in the trees right on the trail before you get up on the dome itself. You will need a permit for any overnight trip in the wilderness but for that area you won't have any trouble getting one. Have a good trip!

Here's a pic from my campsite

Chris
Re: Camping on North Dome??
April 08, 2013 03:31PM
Thanks so much- that is just what I was wondering. I am looking forward to it~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login