Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Table Mountain, Feather Falls, and a little bit of Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Table Mountain, Feather Falls, and a little bit of Yosemite
April 02, 2013 11:06AM
Been wanting to make it to Table Mountain for a while. Went up there on Thursday. Was not a cow-free hike. Wildflower peak is probably a few weeks out, but they were great.

We went to Feather Falls from there. Hadn't been to Feather Falls for over 10 years, and have been wanting to go back. It is like seeing a Yosemite waterfall, without going to Yosemite.

Stopped for a little bit at Yosemite, since is almost impossible to pass by without going there. Here is what was left of the snow cone.

Went to the bottom of Royal Arch Cascade. Saw a couple of people going to the top. They were going slow and steady. Looked like a bit of bushwacking and climbing over rocks. Anybody have any pictures or info about going to the top?

Went to the beginning of the rockslides on the Old Road, before heading home. You Tube is hanging up on uploads right now, so I'll try to post a few more later.
avatar Re: Table Mountain, Feather Falls, and a little bit of Yosemite
April 02, 2013 08:56PM
Thank you very much for taking the time to upload these nine HD videos of Table Mountain, Feather Falls and Yosemite. Finally got a chance to view them in HD full screen at home. It's really sweet to see all these sights in 1080HD. Just love it!

In regards to Royal Arches Cascades, I think the hike has been discussed here before though I can't locate the thread right now.

Again, thanks for posting all these videos. Much appreciated.

April 03, 2013 12:46PM
I've been a bit confused by the cascade name by Royal Arches. The arches are definitely called Royal Arches, but a Google search of Royal Arches Cascade comes up mostly with the name Royal Arch Cascade.
April 03, 2013 12:56PM
Just a thought: The cliff formation is called Royal Arches. The fall is called Royal Arch Cascade. Maybe the name difference is because the water for the cascade comes from Royal Arch Creek. If you look at a map the Cascade and the creek are a little west of the Arches themselves.

Thanks for the videos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 12:58PM by parklover.
April 03, 2013 02:43PM
That sounds like a good explanation. I guess they thought Royal Arch Creek sounded better than Royal Arches Creek.
April 04, 2013 05:48PM
Here is from the Old Road on Saturday. Didn't see anyone else over there.
April 04, 2013 07:38PM
I will have to look for a book I have about Yosemite place names and see if it mentions Royal Arch Cascades.
April 04, 2013 11:13PM
Royal Arch Cascade flows into the Devil's Tub up behind the Ahwahnee Hotel, if I'm not mistaken.

It's seasonal. Clothing is optional.

April 05, 2013 11:32AM
One of the things I love so much about this forum...that you can find out about something this cool and "invisible" in such a heavily travelled part of the Valley! How far up the wall is the Tub? Is this "only-for-climbers" access or fairly easy to get to?
April 05, 2013 12:42PM
Easy, perhaps too easy. I'm hesitant to post more on the web - there's plenty of info already. These spots can get crowded in a jiffy; it's nice to preserve a little adventure. If you need some help finding it, PM me and I'd be happy to shoot you an email.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login