Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Pictures from last weekend

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Pictures from last weekend
April 04, 2013 12:05AM
I ran up to Yosemite last weekend and took these pictures. Hadn't been there in a while thanks to injury and work. Wanted to go to Glacier Point but ran out of snow halfway and got bored. Headed towards Half Dome the next day, got turned around by thunder and rain just when it started getting fun; I'm not stupid. It was a nice trip.

http://www.qitnl.com/v/032913

I might have some space at Upper Pines Apr 12/13 if anyone is interested.
avatar Re: Pictures from last weekend
April 04, 2013 07:03AM
Nice pictures, thanks. Especially the 'river mist' pictures towards the end of the series.
April 04, 2013 03:02PM
Nice, thanks for posting thumbs up
April 04, 2013 08:51PM
always nice to see more Yosemite picts
makes me want even more to breakaway sometime soon for my Yosemite "Fix".

BTW: The bird in pict #51, based on size and beak shape, is a Raven not a Crow.
Re: Pictures from last weekend
April 04, 2013 09:57PM
You are correct, it is raven. Quick identification notes : Ravens are about the size of a hawk and are chunky looking while crows are more the size of a large pigeon and have a sleeker shape. Ravens have a purple tones in it black color and crows are just black. Ravens soar more than crows and either travel by themselves or with a mate while crows tend to flock. I have also noticed that ravens like to walk on the ground more. If you see them eating carrion off a road and you drive by in your car, they will tend to walk away and not fly away.
April 04, 2013 11:04PM
Thanks, fixed. I don't know anything about birds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login