Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: HALF DOME PERMITS AWARDED!!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar HALF DOME PERMITS AWARDED!!
April 10, 2013 02:33AM
Good morning Yosemite Fans!! I received e-mail confirmation at 3:21 am cdst that I was awarded permits for Half Dome that I applied for. UNBELIEVABLE!! Out of 300 available!! That will be the 2nd day of our adventure of the 25 days on the John Muir Trail. Hope you ALL on here are successful. Have a "Blessed" day.Head roll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 03:19AM by beardbuster.
avatar Re: HALF DOME PERMITS AWARDED!!
April 10, 2013 04:00AM
I just looked at the Recreation.Gov site and it appears that the full quota of 225 day-hiker permits were allocated for every day of the Half Dome "season" (May 24. 2013 - Oct. 14, 2013) except for the following dates:

Sun, Aug. 25: 1 space still available
Thu, Aug. 29: 1 space still available
Mon, Sept. 2: 1 space still available
Wed, Sept. 18: 1 space still available
Thu, Sept. 19: 1 space still available
Sun, Sept. 22: 1 space still available

Tue, Sept. 24: 52 spaces still available
Wed, Sept. 25: 117 spaces still available

Fri, Sept. 27: 1 space still available
Sun, Sept. 29: 1 space still available

Mon, Sept. 30: 48 spaces still available
Tue, Oct. 1: 112 spaces still available
Wed, Oct. 2: 181 spaces still available
Thu, Oct. 3: 141 spaces still available
Fri, Oct. 4: 27 spaces still available
Mon, Oct 7: 188 spaces still available
Tue, Oct. 8: 192 spaces still available
Wed, Oct. 9: 205 spaces still available
Thu, Oct. 10: 148 spaces still available
Fri, Oct. 11: 140 spaces still available
Sun, Oct. 13: 106 spaces still available
Mon, Oct. 14: 189 spaces still available

So while the Park Service predicts that there will be about 50 or so spaces available during the "Daily Permits" during most of the summer, for anyone set on climbing Half Dome this year who did not get a permit through the initial lottery, it appears that the weekdays of last two weeks of the "Half Dome season" which are the first two weeks of October, would offer the best chance of obtaining a permit through the daily lottery for those dates.

April 10, 2013 04:58AM
....and I'll see you on the trail on Sept. 3. Can't wait.
April 10, 2013 11:11AM
And all I got was a lump of coal... !@#$@%

Dear Customer,
We are sorry to inform you that you were not successful in securing a permit to hike to the summit of Half Dome from the Cables on Half Dome Lottery.
April 10, 2013 01:36PM
I was in the lottery but didn't get an email of success or failure. How can I find out my results?
April 12, 2013 09:00AM
Looks like there was some problem with the notification system. Here's an email I received this morning:

Dear Valued Recreation.gov Visitor,

Email notifications for our 2013 Pre-Season Cables on Half Dome lottery process were delivered prematurely. While this does not change your application status or results, the email did contain incorrect policy and fee information. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

An email containing updated policy and fee information will be sent out on Monday, April 15, 2013. Your lottery status will also be accessible on your Recreation.gov account on that date.

We do appreciate your understanding and recommend you check Recreation.gov for future updates.

Thank you,
Recreation.gov
April 10, 2013 01:38PM
avatar Re: HALF DOME PERMITS AWARDED!!
April 10, 2013 02:58PM
Failure for me :-(

Boo!

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login