Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Vernal Incident?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Vernal Incident?
April 11, 2013 08:08PM
Two kids almost went over today? A teenager, with one hand grabbing onto a rock, pulled a 9-year old out near the brink. Anyone else heard?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 11:41PM by Ohnivy-Drak.
April 11, 2013 11:12PM
Story about the air on KPIX channel 5 in SF Bay Area.
April 11, 2013 11:29PM
Ohnivy-Drak
Story about the air on KPIX channel 5 in SF Bay Area.

san-jose-teen-saves-boy-in-water-at-yosemite
April 11, 2013 11:43PM
Thanks for the link. This is an expanded version of what was aired at 11PM. The little boy was being "carried over each rock by the water" with no way of stopping.

Can't help but think about some of the passages in the "Death" book. So many times rescuers become victims too. Luckily it all worked out today.
April 12, 2013 07:43PM
The video seems to show the family of 9 year old kid. One has to wonder if they allowed their kid to play near the water on the wrong side of the bars?

http://www.davidsenesac.com
April 13, 2013 11:38PM
DavidSenesac
The video seems to show the family of 9 year old kid. One has to wonder if they allowed their kid to play near the water on the wrong side of the bars?

An accounting by the SJ Mercury

Boy saved
April 13, 2013 03:40PM
In light of what happened in the last few years up at Vernal, this saving of that boy by that teenager was incredible. A couple of guardian angels were on top of their game that day! Wow!! It could have gone the other way very easily....
April 14, 2013 10:11AM
incredible story!! ( "hey! lose the bottle people!". lol)
April 14, 2013 10:52AM
Any parents bringing their children to that area ought to impress on them on the way up the trail to never duck under the metal bars at the destination to get near the water even if they see other foolish visitors doing so. The bedrock in that area is so water smoothed that when wet is often impossible for even an athletic adult to grab onto anything at the edge especially once moving towards the brink. Considerable praise for the rescuer.

http://www.davidsenesac.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2013 10:53AM by DavidSenesac.
April 14, 2013 12:44PM
DavidSenesac
Any parents bringing their children to that area ought to impress on them on the way up the trail to never duck under the metal bars at the destination to get near the water even if they see other foolish visitors doing so. The bedrock in that area is so water smoothed that when wet is often impossible for even an athletic adult to grab onto anything at the edge especially once moving towards the brink. Considerable praise for the rescuer.

I wonder how I would have reacted. Honestly, I don't think I would have made the rescue attempt. Major kudos to this young man. Speaking of rescue attempts, I guess this one was successful too?

Disobedient fowl
April 14, 2013 01:05PM
Ohnivy-Drak

Speaking of rescue attempts, I guess this one was successful too?

Disobedient fowl

It flew the coop, I guess, and ended up in the middle of the stream.

But I doubt that it was ever in danger, since it could fly off to safety, whenever he felt like it.

wink
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login