Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tightrope

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 15, 2013 10:26AM
a friend of mine was in Yosemite yesterday and took this photo with his cell phone... (someone tightroping over Upper Yosemite Falls!!)

as i posted here two sundays ago, i was in Yosemite and met Dean Potter... Dean Potter is the only person i know who does this (even though im sure there are others), but Dean lives close by, so i wonder if it is him?

no matter who it is, these guys are NUTS! lol
April 15, 2013 10:47AM
Dean Potter was climbing El Cap on Saturday. And peeps were slacklining then too...

Funny thing was... we met him at the top at 7pm... and I couldn't remember his darn name.
Pretty much it's all your fault since I certainly wouldn't have recognized him without your post.
(he was wearing the same shirt btw)
Anywho... couldn't remember his name and I babbled a bit and he mentioned Royal Robbins
which threw me for a loop. Pretty sure I sounded like a clown. But that's ok.
If him and his buddy hadn't been in a hurry to zig back down to "Big Oak Flat" I would
have gotten a picture with him. O well.. I did get one of him and his buddy Tom walking
away probably shaking his head.
(yes, they were hiking back down Old Big Oak Flat and it was already 7pm)

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 15, 2013 01:20PM
chick-on
Dean Potter was climbing El Cap on Saturday. And peeps were slacklining then too...

Funny thing was... we met him at the top at 7pm... and I couldn't remember his darn name.
Pretty much it's all your fault since I certainly wouldn't have recognized him without your post.
(he was wearing the same shirt btw)
Anywho... couldn't remember his name and I babbled a bit and he mentioned Royal Robbins
which threw me for a loop. Pretty sure I sounded like a clown.

And with the way you flap your wings, probably looked like one also. All that flappin, no vertical. A pity he didn't just swat you off the cliff, hehehe.
April 15, 2013 02:51PM
A little known fact is that Dean has alektorophobia.
Although quite possibly it's a misdiagnose of coulrophobia.

April 15, 2013 01:22PM
Well dang, I happened to hike UP it this weekend without a single celebrity sighting. Darn.

I was in the Valley with a big group of friends this weekend and most of them hiked Yosemite Falls on Saturday and got some excellent video of the slackliners. Hopefully they are posted soon. I hiked Liberty Cap instead. No slackliners, but plenty of people being even stupider at the top of Nevada Falls.
April 15, 2013 01:28PM
see Chick-on! it ain't so easy to think straight is it??? lolol (when you run into someone famous unexpectedly).

funny he was wearing the same shirt. loll

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 01:37PM by forrestranger.
April 15, 2013 01:33PM
next time i go there, i'm gonna let everyone know i'm there ahead of time, just in case you'd like to meet me (please say ok, i need friends!! lolol jk).

not that we have to do lunch mind you, but meet in the meadow where you watch climbers on El Cap... when i go there, i bring my large spotting scope (which looks more like a telescope). just ask for Forrest spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 15, 2013 02:48PM
Meester Forrest,
I can definitely tell you that you should not include Dean as one of ur friends.
I mentioned your name and he did not recognize you. I'm sorry I forgot to
mention your distintive glasses....
Here's my faux toe of him and his friend Tom:

Pretty exciting, eh?

April 15, 2013 01:21PM
Where was the picture taken from? Sunnyside area?
April 16, 2013 03:32PM
"Where was the picture taken from? Sunnyside area?"

That is the top of El-Cap..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 03:39PM by boomtown.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login