All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Fourth of July in Yosemite
April 15, 2013 06:31PM
So there are a lot of really great things about living in Alaska (I owe you a quick trip report of a "winter" climb of Flattop to teach my boys some glissading, postholing, and ice axe skills from last weekend). But scheduling trips "Outside" are a pain. It looks like Yosemite is drawing the short end of the stick this year again and I'm looking at a family day trip.

So here is my question: any opinions, educated guesses, or other thoughts on whether the rafting trips will be open on July 5? (Open meaning enough water still...)
avatar Re: Fourth of July in Yosemite
April 16, 2013 11:50AM
I think you should still be able to raft on the 4th. The snowpack above 8000 is still close to normal even though down low it is not. Your best bet though is to bring your own rafts and float on your terms.
April 16, 2013 04:06PM
Will it even matter? Pretty sure you're gonna be gorging yourself at CVPD the entire time.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Fourth of July in Yosemite
April 16, 2013 05:02PM
Oh no, CVPD is so great I don't feel worthy eating there unless I've earned it. Must climb a big rock, hike a big hike, swim a big river, trevasse a big canyon, etc. before I feel worthy of eating at CVPD.
April 16, 2013 05:11PM
Yeah, but you can do all of that in Alaska before you get to Yosemite, and then treat yourself to a pizza from CVPD as a well-earned reward! wink

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login