Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tioga Road Plows

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 16, 2013 09:32PM
Did the plows start on the 15th?
April 17, 2013 12:12AM
Paris92
Did the plows start on the 15th?

No.
April 17, 2013 07:04PM
There's less than two feet of snow up there. It shouldn't take long to melt out. I'm sure if they can send a truck out with a blade, they'll do that. The big rotary plows just eat up too much gas.
April 18, 2013 05:00PM
Sometime in May is the rumor, tho it will probably be melted out and more of a case of "let's make sure there are no rocks or trees someone can hit while far exceeding the speed limit on a blind corner" before it opens.
April 18, 2013 06:19PM
I haven't heard any direct reports, but I know they've been up there checking things out. I'm sure they're removing things and fixing things they can get to.
April 19, 2013 04:49PM
So TM campground should be open early this year. I was told that before July 15th, if it opens, the entire campground is first come, is this accurate?
April 19, 2013 07:51PM
hotrod4x5
So TM campground should be open early this year. I was told that before July 15th, if it opens, the entire campground is first come, is this accurate?
No. No one is giving any dates. You'll have to check with the campground office for opening dates or if reservations are needed or not. It's best to make sure BEFORE you go up there without a reservation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login