Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: smaht question #1

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

smaht question #1
April 18, 2013 08:49AM
First off thanks again to all of you who continue with great answers and support for a newbie. Can I even refer to myself as a newbie having never stepped foot in Yosemtite? Anyway... hike number two is an overnight to Glen Aulin. I have found four trailhead possibilities so far...I have Tuolumne Meadows on the list to see but the list is long and not everything can get crossed off in one trip. I have spoken with a few rangers about the different trailheads and what each one has. They have politely paused in shock, awe or disgust, im not sure which, when i butcher the name Tuolumne with a Boston accent. Anyway I am looking for suggestions on parking and trailheads or any other gems for this hike? The trailhead nearest to the visitors center on the map looks to have more to see than the others but one never knows...
April 18, 2013 05:33PM
My too dollas wort fur da noob is dis:

Step 1 - make sure Toooo-awl-uh-me Shuttle running when u goez
Step 2 - paak da ca at May Lake TH (paak ear)
Step 3 - hike to May Lake... enjoys... climb Hoffmann
Step 4 - hike to Glen Aulin... camp down in Glen Aulin propa
Step 5 - hike back out to Tooooo-awl-uh-me ... and you take shuttle back to (ear)
Step 5 include leaving da wife and kids at Tooooo-awl-uh-me wit ur pack (donut forget ur keys though)
Step 5 includes them eating ice cream while u retrieve da ca
Step 6 - hike back up that there trail and get ya ca
Step 7 - drive back to Tooo-awl-uh-me and retrieve da wife and kids
Step 8 - wonder why ewe axe a Chick-on is looking at you!
Step z - send me my too dollas

tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: smaht question #1
April 18, 2013 06:03PM
chick-on
hike back up that there trail

Note that that there trail is tougher than you would expect; allow plenty of time to get up it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login