All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Outside Magazine: The Story Behind Last Summer's Hantavirus Outbreak
May 07, 2013 12:38PM
I don't recall anyone posting a link on this forum to this Outside Magazine article that was published last December, but it's a very informative read about the Hantavirus outbreak that occurred last summer in Curry Village.

(Note for anyone that might be concerned: all the "Signature Tent Cabins" that were being infested by mice have been removed from Curry Village. The article makes a salient point that the hantavirus is a short-lived virus (it dies less than 48 hours outside its host animal) so it was only the "ideal" conditions brought about how the Signature Tent Cabin were constructed that caused the Hantavirus outbreak to occur in the first place.)

Outside Magazine: The Story Behind Last Summer's Hantavirus Outbreak

avatar Re: Outside Magazine: The Story Behind Last Summer's Hantavirus Outbreak
May 07, 2013 07:19PM
Thanks for that. I completely missed it. It's a much more detailed account than I've seen anywhere else ("anywhere else" being mostly NPS's releases on the subject).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login