Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: The valley floor May 10, 2013

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar The valley floor May 10, 2013
May 13, 2013 08:59AM
i went camping for two days... friday there was no sign of any rain as far as the weather report i got back home, but when i was approaching the park (from hwy 120 entrance), it started to drizzle.... then it got harder and harder... by the time i got to the valley itself, it POURED!!!! I sat in my vehicle on the road (right across from the view of Bridal Veil falls) for i'm guessing 20-30 mins non stop of a pretty good come down.

i looked up at the sky and saw a dark dark black cloud over me, and then off to the left was total blue sky... once the wind blew the dark clouds over, it was totally sunny and warm again... weird thing happened though... when it stopped raining, i got out of my vehicle to take some photos of the falls, and a TON of these knat type bugs were all over my shirt... so much so, that i got back in my vehicle. they were all over the place... i'm assuming from the rain that brought them out. i was worried about the ground being real wet when i put my tent up, but hours later, the ground was totally dry, no problems at all.

it was a perfect weekend... saturday was very warm.... i went to Cathedral picnic area, had lunch with my son and his family, then i got in the river and got totally soaked... man was it COLD! lol (but i loved it).

i'm tellin' ya guys, NOW is the time to go and see the waterfalls!!! they are totally full and the meadow is still green.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 08:59AM by forrestranger.
avatar Re: The valley floor May 10, 2013
May 13, 2013 02:46PM
I hear the park picked up 2 inches of rain in 30 minutes from that storm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 02:54PM by mrcondron.
avatar Re: The valley floor May 10, 2013
May 14, 2013 03:44PM
yeah, it came down REAL hard for that period of time... i was sitting in my car the whole time. lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login