Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mosquito reports from around Tuolumne, anyone?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Mosquito reports from around Tuolumne, anyone?
May 23, 2013 01:30PM
We'll be up there this weekend, both Lyell Canyon and through the Dana Fork area.

Has anyone been up in the area and seen the bug conditions?

Thanks, as always.
avatar Re: Mosquito reports from around Tuolumne, anyone?
May 23, 2013 02:09PM
I wasn't bothered by a single one last weekend, from Tioga Rd to Parker Pass, Koip Peak. Nor the weekend before at Young Lakes, Conness. Both of those areas can be pretty brutal, but a hard freeze has been knocking them down every night. More cold nights in the forecast:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=37.873227357246435&lon=-119.36267852783203&site=hnx&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text
May 24, 2013 10:15AM
QITNL
I wasn't bothered by a single one last weekend, from Tioga Rd to Parker Pass, Koip Peak. Nor the weekend before at Young Lakes, Conness. Both of those areas can be pretty brutal, but a hard freeze has been knocking them down every night. More cold nights in the forecast:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=37.873227357246435&lon=-119.36267852783203&site=hnx&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Wow. 50% snow on Monday.

This is how it looked last memorial day:

Tuolumne Meadows, Early Summer by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr
avatar Re: Mosquito reports from around Tuolumne, anyone?
May 23, 2013 03:54PM
Saw as many mosquitos as Old Doods last weekend in TM and beyond.

One (and that was suspect)

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 23, 2013 07:02PM
Wasn't in Tuolumne, but the only place I saw skeetos last weekend was in the Valley. There were none on Snow Creek where we camped.
May 23, 2013 10:08PM
I made it through the Waterwheel Falls hike last weekend - with NO bites! And I'm usually the mosquito magnet! QITNL is probably right about the cold nights keeping them down. It was like paradise strolling through Glen Aulin not being driven insane by the little devils....
May 24, 2013 06:38AM
Thanks, everyone. Leaving before dawn tomorrow to hopefully snag a spot at Junction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login