Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: T.M. campground question:

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

T.M. campground question:
May 31, 2013 10:39AM
Pickin' anyone's brains about camping prospects:

well, got some family coming in .. late notice ... heading up to Tuolumne meadows on the 5th of July; wondering what [you think] are the chances of landing a campsite at the Tuolumne Meadows campground on the 5th if we pull up around 10:00am?

I usually drop into the area mid-week (and not right around a holiday) and have always managed a spot .. but again, this is late notice and a bit sudden.

Thanks! Michael

(gee, is T.M. CG open then anyhow? I assume yes ...)
avatar Re: T.M. campground question:
May 31, 2013 11:29AM
Anvanho

Pickin' anyone's brains about camping prospects:

well, got some family coming in .. late notice ... heading up to Tuolumne meadows on the 5th of July; wondering what [you think] are the chances of landing a campsite at the Tuolumne Meadows campground on the 5th if we pull up around 10:00am

Since this year, July 4th is a Thursday (and a holiday for most people) and July 5th therefore a Friday, I think your chances will be close to slim to none because I presume 99% of the campers that arrive on July 3rd or 4th will probably be staying for the weekend. You'll have a far better chance in finding a campsite at a more remote campground like Yosemite Creek.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login