Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Lower Pines campsite I'm going to cancel

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Lower Pines campsite I'm going to cancel
June 05, 2013 08:15PM
I have a campsite in Lower Pines for 7 nights - June 14-21 that I am going to cancel. Contact me via private message if you are interested and I will let you know exactly when I am canceling so you might be able to pick it up. I really don't want the scalpers to get it.
avatar Re: Lower Pines campsite I'm going to cancel
June 06, 2013 09:04AM
i don't believe you can do that. yer not allowed to give it away anymore like you used to be able to (unless someone here can correct me).
June 06, 2013 09:14AM
If I understood the message correctly, he is not giving away (or trying to directly transfer) his campsite to someone else, but is just going to cancel it.

He just gave us a heads up, so anyone who might be interested in reserving the soon to be available campsite on recreation.gov would know that exact time when it will become available again on recreation.gov.

Even though the Park Service stated last year that they and Recreation.gov were working on holding back any campsites that were cancelled, the fact is that when a campsite reservation is cancelled, it becomes available to the public almost immediately after the cancellation. There's still no delay.

June 06, 2013 10:53AM
+1 on what plawrence said...
June 06, 2013 07:33PM
This was exactly my plan. I know that I can't directly give it to someone else but letting them know when I am canceling it so that they might be able to grab it up doesn't seem to break any rules.
June 06, 2013 07:37PM
You're correct. No rules are being broken as long as no money is being exchanged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 11:35AM by plawrence.
June 07, 2013 07:47AM
I did the same thing last year but no one PM'd me so it just went back into recreation.gov to whoever got lucky
June 07, 2013 08:26AM
I am assuming you will update this thread once you have made a deal with someone or released it with no interest.
June 07, 2013 09:03AM
Beware, Shaunsmomo is a scalper. I msg him and he wanted $700 for the site.
June 07, 2013 11:40AM
Wow! Don't know who lizzy79 is but the Private Message they sent me said this...
"Hello, I am interested in the campsite. I would love to take me two kids for father's day. Email me at ElisabethWeiland@yahoo.com

Here is the reply I tried to send but the email address came back as not valid...
Let's find a time that works for both of us and then you can log onto the recreation.gov website and be ready when I cancel the reservation I have. Probably best to do it either early in the morning or later in the evening so that someone else doesn't scoop you.

Obviously this lizzy79 person is some kind of troll or just a lousy human being.
I didn't ask for ANY money and wouldn't take any if it was offered. Just trying to help a fellow Yosemite lover but still stay within the rules. I guess the saying the no good deed goes unpunished is true.
June 07, 2013 01:48PM
No worries, Shaun. We've all read your helpful posts.

My TROLL radar is going off too!

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
June 07, 2013 04:12PM
Shaunsmomo is a trusted member and I have no problem believing his statements. It is correct that the way shaunsmomo is handling this is on the up and up and I appreciate his offer. We just have to be careful whom we give the cancellation date and time too. I highly doubt lizzy 79's claim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 04:13PM by mtn man.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.