All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Curry Village cabins with bath?
June 14, 2013 07:55AM
I'm trying to help out an older friend who stays at Curry every year.

After all the rock falls, threatened-lawsuits, disease-laden-mice, Merced River plans, Godzilla awakening and wrecking havoc, and who
knows what else, does anyone know the numbers on exactly how many cabins with private bath are left, and cabins without bath?
I know there are still a lot of canvas tent cabins.
avatar Re: Curry Village cabins with bath?
June 14, 2013 08:55AM
Don't have the exact number off the top of my head, but the number is listed on the Merced's River Plan Environmental Assessment (EA) if you or your friend wants to look up the exact number.

Of if you or your friend has stayed at Curry Village recently, just count all the Cabins with Bath shown on the Curry Village map that they hand out to each guest.

Re: Curry Village cabins with bath?
June 14, 2013 09:14AM
Just a heads up-- any Curry Village cabin with bath is next to impossible to reserve. The best way that I have found is to sit on the reservations site and constantly try for one. Sometimes it takes days. There usually are cancellations as the date draws near to the reservation day(s). But you have to be quick on the draw. They are very difficult to get these days. Good luck.
avatar Re: Curry Village cabins with bath?
June 14, 2013 09:57AM
Ulysses61, I assume you're referring to trying to reserve a cabin w/bath this summer?

That has to be very difficult (and frustrating). For an older friend who is not on the Internet,
I have reserved him a cabin w/bath for one week the past 3 summers (one year in advance),
including this week. It seems to be getting more and more difficult, hence our curiosity about
the number of available units.

The Merced River plan lists 47 cabin-with-bath units, but when you try for one on the reservation
system, it seems like there are only 5 or 6! eye rolling smiley
Re: Curry Village cabins with bath?
June 15, 2013 10:39PM
You can reserve them up to 1 year and a day in advance, I suspect they sold out for this summer, last summer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login