Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Tuolumne area- fairly flat hike suggestions

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumne area- fairly flat hike suggestions
June 28, 2013 07:03AM
I am going with my boys to Tuolumne in a couple of weeks. My 15 year old is recovering from a broken ankle. He can walk, but probably not more than a couple of miles. Other than the meadows, please suggest other fairly flat hikes/walks that he might be able to do. I am intrigued by Tenaya Lake outlet area. On someones thread several weeks back, they showed a topo map of that area that looks like it might be doable for him.
avatar Re: Tuolumne area- fairly flat hike suggestions
June 28, 2013 07:44AM
snorkus,
While TM may be on your list you might consider the beginning of the Lyell Canyon/Rafferty Creek trails. It's about 1.5 miles to the junction of these two trails and starts at the Tuolumne Lodge parking lot and/or the Dog Lake parking lot. It is scenic and includes a beautiful open area where the trail bridge crosses Lyell Fork with a couple of deep pools in the stream. At 1.4--1.6 miles round trip the bridge itself may be far enough on a gimpy foot. It will provide views of Mt Dana, Mt Gibbs, the northern end of Kuna Crest, plus part of the Cathedral Range. Others may clarify what you can see from there. It's been a while since I've been there.
Jim
Re: Tuolumne area- fairly flat hike suggestions
June 28, 2013 10:05AM
tomdisco
Lyell Canyon/Rafferty Creek trails
Thanks for that suggestion. We actually did that two years ago, but would fit in well with his condition this year.
We have done the following in the Tuolumne area:
Tuolumne Meadows
Gaylor Lakes
Lembert Dome/Dog Lake
Glen Aulin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 10:06AM by snorkus.
avatar Re: Tuolumne area- fairly flat hike suggestions
June 28, 2013 11:06AM
You could circle around Pothole Dome on the use trail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login