Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumne Meadows walkup in mid September?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumne Meadows walkup in mid September?
July 08, 2013 01:06PM
I'm hoping to arrive on a Friday in mid-September and snag a campsite at Tuolumne Meadows. I know there are no guarantees but does anyone know how fast the non-reserved sites go that time of year?
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows walkup in mid September?
July 08, 2013 01:20PM
You never know until you get there. But I don't think you'll have a big problem in mid-September.
July 08, 2013 02:16PM
We always get to the office by 6:30am.Always get a site.
Sept should be easier than July and August. But...if you can get there early.
July 08, 2013 02:58PM
Thank you! What time does the office open? Is the 6:30 arrival to get in line? I'll be driving up from the Bay Area so that's an early start wink
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows walkup in mid September?
July 08, 2013 04:11PM
BrendanHickeyUSA

Thank you! What time does the office open?

It varies. It's regular hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, but by mid-summer they'll open up a half hour earlier 8:00 AM (usually).

July 08, 2013 05:27PM
You might want to check the reservation website.Looks like there are quite a number of available sites.
So search for all sites.RV,tent etc. They don't care if you get an rv site and show up with a tent. At least when I showed up.
Here is the site. The campground closes Sept 26.
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campground.htm#table
July 09, 2013 08:43AM
Thanks... great tip, I was looking on Reserveamerica.com instead of Recreation.gov. All the Fridays and Saturdays I wanted are booked but I managed to reserve a Thursday, so I'll hope that I can extend that once I get there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login