Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

intro, and pics from Glen Aulin

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

intro, and pics from Glen Aulin
July 09, 2013 10:39PM
Hello, I have been following this forum for couple of months now. This is my first post, and I wanted to thank everyone who posts trip reports and other information. It was very helpful in my planning of a trip to Glen Aulin (Murphy Creek - Glen Aulin - Tuolumne Meadows) in early June. Here are some pictures I took while there.

For the 4th of July weekend, we ended up going to Glen Aulin again with a side trip to Waterwheel Falls, and out to May Lake. The views from the trail to May Lake are amazing. I will post pictures in another post; I need help identifying some of the peaks visible from May Lake.

thanks,
francisco
Re: intro, and pics from Glen Aulin
July 09, 2013 11:11PM
Those pictures are amazing! What kind of camera are you using?

My Trip Blog
avatar Re: intro, and pics from Glen Aulin
July 10, 2013 06:43AM
I need that camera too.... smiling smiley
avatar Re: intro, and pics from Glen Aulin
July 10, 2013 06:59AM
I don't need that camera......... I need that sort of talent!

Thanks for the post! Lovely photos.
July 10, 2013 08:43AM
Bingo. I love great camera hardware, but I have long ago realized I don't have the "eye" (nor the steady hands or patience to overcome either)... I think some photogs might get lucky here and again. But I figure if I see a lot of great shots from one source, it's the photographer who has the eye, has the time to compose, wait for the perfect lighting, perfect editing, etc, etc. I give the human "software" the kudos! But if you have all that talent, then I hope you have the great optics to let that talent shine! So many digital artifacts take what otherwise would be a great shot and well... once you know what to look for, it's game over and you start lusting after the optics...at least that's how it's played out for me...
July 10, 2013 09:34AM
Seems like the EXIF info has been stripped out in this case, but generally you can find lots of info about the photo (camera, focal length, exposure, etc...) using something like this: http://regex.info/exif.cgi
July 10, 2013 11:07AM
Great pictures, Francisco!
July 11, 2013 07:00AM
Thanks to all. I took these pictures with a Canon 6D and the Canon 24-105mm lens. I did some processing of the RAW images in Lightroom; the EXIF may have been stripped during export. I've had this camera for about 6 months. Prior to the 6D, I was using a Rebel T3i with kit lenses for about 4 years. The difference between the two cameras is night and day in terms of ISO sensitivity, lens speed, colour, and sharpness. Photography is one of my hobbies, and I still end up taking a lot of duds. However, all the practice is what leads to improvement. I'll be out in Lyell Canyon - Ireland Lake - Vogelsang - Rafferty Creek this coming weekend and hope to get some shots of that area.
fco
July 21, 2013 08:38PM
Wow, fantastic photos! Look forward to seeing your shots from Lyell Canyon and Vogelsang as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login