Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: WW vs TM backpackers campground

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

WW vs TM backpackers campground
July 10, 2013 09:42AM
So, next week I am planning a trip into Ansel Adams Wilderness via Mono Pass trail near Tuolumne Meadows. I will be leaving work in the early afternoon on a Wed and plan to stay at either the White Wolf or Tuolumne Meadow backpackers camp. I will need to be at the Tuolumne Lodge by 9am with permit in hand to catch the shuttle to the trail head.

Any thoughts on which camp would be the better place to stay? I stayed at the TM camp once before, and it was super crowded and a bit buggy. Should I expect any different at WW?

This is basically the loop I am going to do: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1284018
avatar Re: WW vs TM backpackers campground
July 10, 2013 03:07PM
I've never stayed at WW, but I've had a couple of good nights at the TM backpackers CG. I would imagine that for a quick nights rest either would be OK but,

I'm going to state the obvious here...The TM campground is walking distance to your shuttle stop. The other one is a 45 minute drive away!

That would make up my mind...

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login