Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Camping on way to Kings Canyon

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camping on way to Kings Canyon
August 16, 2013 11:15PM
I' m planning a trip down to SEKI at the end of August and want to know if anybody has recommendations on where to camp along State Routes 180/198? My problem is there's a good chance arrival won't be until 8 pm or so. Any ideas?
August 17, 2013 07:14PM
You could try to reserve a campsite from recreation.gov at any of the campgrounds in the National Forest areas off 180/198 or if there is availability at Lodgepole in SEKI. I recently stayed at Princess Campground off 180 for a recent trip to Kings Canyon.
avatar Re: Camping on way to Kings Canyon
August 18, 2013 06:33PM
I was recently in the area, and stayed at Grant Grove Cabins. On the way into Kings Canyon last Sunday, Princess seemed to have people but not be completely full. Same with the campsites near Cedar Grove, as elicali suggested see give it a try. Campsites closer to Grant Grove did seem to be full.
August 18, 2013 06:43PM
Thanks for the tips. Looks like I'm going to be able to get away a little earlier now so am going to try and reserve a site. Princess looks like a nice location since there's a bit of elevation to it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login