All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Who started the Rim Fire
September 05, 2013 11:11AM
Just heard on the LA news station abc 7 that the Rim Fire was started by a hunter who let an illegal fire go out of control. There is no indication that he was involved in any illegal marijuana growing. They are not releasing his name.
avatar Re: Who started the Rim Fire
September 05, 2013 12:07PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-rim-fire-cause-conclusion-20130905,0,4661208.story

The Rim fire, which has burned into Yosemite National Park and threatened a vital water supply to San Francisco, was started by a hunter who let an illegal fire “escape,” the U.S. Forest Service said Thursday.

The fire was not started by a marijuana growing operation, despite rumors to the contrary, the U.S. Forest Service’s investigation unit and the Tuolumne County district attorney’s office concluded. The hunter has been identified and his name is being withheld pending further investigation, officials said.

The hunter has not been arrested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2013 01:01PM by eeek.
Re: Who started the Rim Fire
September 05, 2013 12:58PM
My first thought earlier when I saw this news was about the "propaganda" film coming true---Bambi.
September 05, 2013 06:32PM
Send him a bill. It's $81 million so far. Oh, they should tack on some extra for the 5 people injured, maybe a bit for the homes destroyed.

At the least they should convict him of a felony charge so that he will never be able to own a gun again.
September 05, 2013 06:37PM
There's also the economic losses along CA-120 where the tourist economy has been shut down.

I cancelled a Tuolumne Meadows campsite for the Friday of Labor Day weekend and only $10 of the $20 was refunded - maybe he should pay my $10 (presumably, after he rebuilds the 11 homes...)
September 05, 2013 06:44PM
I think he should also have to personally apologize to the people who lost property, the merchants who lost money, the people who got hurt and the people who had to cancel or had their trips impacted by his carelessness.
September 05, 2013 07:18PM
And plant replacement trees too.
September 05, 2013 09:33PM
Maybe even foster some displaced rattle snakes!

September 05, 2013 10:56PM
I would not trust that guy with anything, even a snake.
September 05, 2013 07:10PM
I read that archery season is winding down and rifle hunting opens Sept. 21
September 07, 2013 08:10PM
It would be really interesting to know how they found this person. Did he turn himself in, did someone else turn him in, was he traced as a result of injuries he suffered himself in the fire ...
September 08, 2013 12:02AM
An NSA Surveillance Satellite (NSASS) had photos of the hunter and the illegal campfire that he had started that later became the genesis of the Rim fire.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login