Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Anybody know what YCSC stands for ?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Anybody know what YCSC stands for ?
September 25, 2013 05:04AM
This summer, my son and I were able to snag a last minute reservation at the Tuolumne Meadows High Sierra Camp, aka the Lodge. We've stayed there several times before and noticed a few new things this year. One thing I haven't seen before is YCSC stamped on the wool blanket on the bed. Anyone know what this stands for ?

New this year is a solar powered lantern as opposed to the candles. I guess they got concerned about the candles being a fire hazard.

Also, they now have smoke detectors in the tents.

And best of all, they now have bear lockers outside the shower/restrooms. It was a pain taking my toiletries all the way to the bear boxes in the parking lot and then going back to retrieve them the next morning. My guess is most guests didn't do that, leaving their toiletries in their tents.
September 25, 2013 07:06AM
It might stand for"You Can't Stand their Cooking". Maybe a veiled reference to cook your own food. tongue sticking out smiley
September 25, 2013 07:29AM
Yosemite Concessions Services Corp -- the branch of Delaware North that operates park concessions.
September 25, 2013 04:45PM
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login