Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite on Google Homepage

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite on Google Homepage
September 30, 2013 09:47PM
I guess in honor of Yosemite being created on October 1, 1890 and then closing on October 1, 2013, google put Yosemite National Park as its daily 'doodle'

Just go to https://www.google.com/
October 01, 2013 12:53AM
Wisely left off any pink smudges. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 01, 2013 06:51AM
So I guess my campground reservations for next Sunday are worthless..................
avatar Re: Yosemite on Google Homepage
October 01, 2013 07:38AM
Not only that, those working in Yosemite as seasonals for the NPS have to move out of their housing.
October 01, 2013 09:52AM
lschaaf
So I guess my campground reservations for next Sunday are worthless..................

I have reservations in Curry Village for Sunday. I just checked and they have already charged me for the first night. They better reverse that or I'll sic the credit card company on them.
October 01, 2013 07:51AM
What's the expected time frame of this closure?? Anyone got any ideas?!?!
October 01, 2013 07:52AM
I got half dome tickets for the 12th..
October 01, 2013 10:31AM
Should be pretty quick. The NPS employees have 4 hours to clear their desks and leave. The gates will be open but you will not be able to stop while in the Park. You can only drive through. Those in the hotels have 48 hours to get out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login