Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Glen Aulin

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 01, 2013 06:00PM
Hi Everyone;

i have never been to Glen Aulin... is this a place to hike to and camp at ?? as i said before, i'm looking for a place to take some Boy Scouts to this coming Spring / Summer... i want some kind of a hike, and a place to spend about 4-5 days at... a place where a campfire is permitted, and also fishing.

thanks for any help
October 01, 2013 06:23PM
I'd go to Lake Edison. Take the ferry across, if they still have it, and camp there. Long ago I took several groups there and had a blast.
Re: Glen Aulin
October 01, 2013 08:20PM
I love the area above Lake Edison. The road over Kaiser Pass is scary, but once I get there ,it's wonderful. I agree it's a great place to take the boys ,maybe establish a base camp a few miles above the Lake at the PCT junction. There's lots of room there and a sizable creek. The boys could do day hikes up to Mott's Lake, the Recesses. What kid wouldn't like a hike to a place called the "Devils Bathtub" Stop by Mono Hot Springs on the way out and goof off in the free tubs across the river form the resort.
October 03, 2013 09:21AM
thanks a ton guys! can't wait to look up all those places to see what they are like.
October 03, 2013 10:53AM
The main reason I recommended Lake Edison is the wilderness experience. It's kind of hard to get that at Glen Aulin with the DNC "wilderness" camp full of a hundred people or more. Edison isn't Yosemite, but you don't have all the Yosemite visitors either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login