Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: A great but strange Yosemite experience thanks to the US Gov’t.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

A great but strange Yosemite experience thanks to the US Gov’t.
October 11, 2013 09:10PM
I figure if any group of people could appreciate this experience, I hope some here can:

http://www.enlightphoto.com/views/2013/10/10/a-great-but-strange-yosemite-experience.htm

Cheers,

Gary Crabbe
Enlightened Images

"Nearness to Nature keeps the Spirit sensitive to impressions not commonly felt, and in touch with unseen powers." - Oyihesa; Santee Dakota indian, from his book, Soul of the Indian (1911)
October 12, 2013 06:36AM
I've thought of this too. The parks are getting a chance to "rest" and spend some time by themselves again, largely devoid of humans, like they have for the millions of years previous to modern times. I bet they miss us though. smiling smiley
avatar Re: A great but strange Yosemite experience thanks to the US Gov’t.
October 12, 2013 09:21AM
bbb

I bet they miss us though. smiling smiley

I bet some of them surely do. I hope the squirrels and other small rodents that hang around Yosemite Village, Curry Village and Glacier Point still remember how to forage for their traditional food instead of relying on handouts from park visitors. Hope there's enough nuts from the oaks and other trees to feed them all.

October 12, 2013 12:34PM
plawrence
I bet some of them surely do. I hope the squirrels and other small rodents that hang around Yosemite Village, Curry Village and Glacier Point still remember how to forage for their traditional food instead of relying on handouts from park visitors.

The lack of road kill is probably hard on the ravens.
October 12, 2013 12:43PM
eeek
plawrence
I bet some of them surely do. I hope the squirrels and other small rodents that hang around Yosemite Village, Curry Village and Glacier Point still remember how to forage for their traditional food instead of relying on handouts from park visitors.

The lack of road kill is probably hard on the ravens.

Funny, I thought about the scavenging animals that rely on campers and tourists, wondering where all their free food went.

At St. Mary's Lake in Glacier NP, I saw a coyote cruising the road looking for roadkill. He covered nearly a mile between the two times I encountered him. I ask the ranger about it, and he said that coyote does the same thing every morning. (Savvy Canine) I asked if the coyote had a name. (Nope). So I've named him "George."

Gary Crabbe
Enlightened Images

"Nearness to Nature keeps the Spirit sensitive to impressions not commonly felt, and in touch with unseen powers." - Oyihesa; Santee Dakota indian, from his book, Soul of the Indian (1911)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2013 12:43PM by enlightphoto.
October 12, 2013 01:36PM
enlightphoto

At St. Mary's Lake in Glacier NP, I saw a coyote cruising the road looking for roadkill. He covered nearly a mile between the two times I encountered him. I ask the ranger about it, and he said that coyote does the same thing every morning. (Savvy Canine) I asked if the coyote had a name. (Nope). So I've named him "George."

The most savvy coyote that I personally witness was one in Yosemite who would approach cars along Southside Drive in Yosemite (by the El Capitan viewpoint) limping on three legs and then when someone gave the coyote food would run off into the woods on all four legs (no limp!). Very clever...

October 12, 2013 04:13PM
Gee, just like at lot of intersections in town.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login