Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Leavitt Meadows Current Conditions?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Leavitt Meadows Current Conditions?
October 18, 2013 12:01PM
Has anyone been up in the Leavitt Meadows area recently? I'm considering heading up this weekend to check out the Tower Peak area via Leavitt Meadows. Any recent info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
avatar Re: Leavitt Meadows Current Conditions?
October 18, 2013 01:13PM
I drove by there Saturday, I can post a picture of the meadows later (which won't be in time to help...). Along CA-108, looked like light snow was sticking 9000 feet and above (nothing heavy), lower than that on steep north facing slopes. Snow patches were present down to, I'd guess the elevation of Conway Summit, a little over 8000 ft.

For October, there was a reasonable number of cars parked at the trailhead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2013 01:13PM by ttilley.
Re: Leavitt Meadows Current Conditions?
October 21, 2013 01:41PM
ttilley
I drove by there Saturday, I can post a picture of the meadows later (which won't be in time to help...). Along CA-108, looked like light snow was sticking 9000 feet and above (nothing heavy), lower than that on steep north facing slopes. Snow patches were present down to, I'd guess the elevation of Conway Summit, a little over 8000 ft.

For October, there was a reasonable number of cars parked at the trailhead.

Thanks for the conditions report! I ended up not going this weekend; I think I'll wait until next year for more daylight + less snow.
October 22, 2013 06:36AM
You should have went. It was just a gorgeous weekend. Tower was holding snow where you go up...
but just getting to the saddle imo would have been worth it.
For anyone who has been to "Tower Pass" or "Mary Pass"... did you happenchance to come across
a Yosemite Boundary Marker. I'm thinking there is one right around there... (there's one atop Tower)

Chick-on is looking at you!
October 18, 2013 05:43PM
In case you haven't left yet...Leavitt Meadows last Saturday:

October 21, 2013 01:59PM
Didn't get to Leavitt but here's Lundy Canyon:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login