All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Old Ahwahnee Hotel Menu
October 22, 2013 09:45PM
Last weekend we were going through stuff at my Dad's house and we came across some Ahwahnee Hotel menus from 1959. My Grandparents must have gotten them as we always ate in Camp 14. A treat would be going to Degnan's in the Old Village by where the chapel is now and then an ice cream cone across the street.

Re: Old Ahwahnee Hotel Menu
October 23, 2013 06:43AM
I love stuff like this, but only started going to the park as a three year old or so around 1970, with very few memories until I was old enough to ski at badger.

When did they remove commercial buildings from around the chapel area?
avatar Re: Old Ahwahnee Hotel Menu
October 23, 2013 11:21AM
tanngrisnir3

When did they remove commercial buildings from around the chapel area?

In the late 1960's. In 1967 parts of the old village was still there, but by 1974 all the old buildings were gone (save for the chapel).

February 18, 2023 09:39AM
Hi! I am wondering if you still have this sugar pine menu? And would be willing to sell it? I received a few of the other menus from this series and am hoping to complete the collection with this one. It would be wonderful if you could let me know. Thank you!
February 19, 2023 06:45AM
If nothing else, this menu points to the massive change in food culture in America in the intervening years!

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
February 21, 2023 08:28PM
This is awesome! i had not seen it.
February 24, 2023 08:59AM
Buttermilk is on the menu. Try to get that in any restaurant nowadays. We have buttermilk with dinner every night.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login