Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Vernal Fall Comfort Station Closure

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Vernal Fall Comfort Station Closure
October 24, 2013 11:02AM
The Vernal Fall Comfort Station and drinking fountain will be closed for the 2013 season on Sunday, October 27th.
Re: Vernal Fall Comfort Station Closure
October 24, 2013 12:28PM
For some reason the water at the Vernal Fall Comfort Station did not taste good at all this year - I usually fill up water bottles on the way up but this year I waited until I was safely past Nevada Falls to get water - I'm guessing it didn't taste as good since it was a low water year but if that's true, wouldn't it have tasted the same above Nevada Falls too - Would seem like it - Don't know - Go figure
avatar Re: Vernal Fall Comfort Station Closure
October 24, 2013 05:41PM
NEVER get water near a comfort station.

Old Dude
October 24, 2013 08:55PM
Or at least make sure you are upstream.
October 24, 2013 09:16PM
Which of two comfort stations are we talking about here? There's the one near the Vernal Fall footbridge, with flush toilets and a drinking fountain/water station nearby; and the one just above Vernal Fall, with composting toilets and no water supply that I know of. From the mention of the drinking fountain, I'd guess this is the one at the footbridge, not the one at Vernal Fall.

I'm pretty sure the Footbridge water station has its own local water supply, separate from the Valley. In July, 2012 I topped up my water bottle there before tasting the water. I discovered, too late, that it reeked of chlorine. A year later I was at the same spot and made sure to filter the water before putting it in my bottle. When I tasted it afterwards, straight from the faucet, it turned out to taste fine. tongue sticking out smiley

When I'm headed that way I make sure to fill up at Happy Isles. The water there has been consistently excellent. I'm guessing it's from the same supply as the Visitor Center, campgrounds, etc.
October 25, 2013 01:43PM
gophersnake
There's the one near the Vernal Fall footbridge

That one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login