All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

My Yearly Question......
December 15, 2013 08:31AM
Well here it is: How did everyone do trying to make Valley Campsite reservations this morning? I was hoping to get 4 midweek nights in Lower Pines the beginning to middle of May but I couldn't get any of my first choices (It was just me and one computer this time). Was able to put together 4 nights 5/10 to 5/14, but moving campsites twice, but they are nice sites.
Re: My Yearly Question......
December 15, 2013 09:04AM
Lower Pines is tough to get...I tried that first. No luck. Then had #5 in Upper Pines and the web page asked for Log In again...the site didn't get into the cart. Then I got one of the last two sites available in the valley...for a week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 09:04AM by hikerchick395.
December 15, 2013 09:55AM
I've had that log in problem before and lost the site too. Now I don't log in until the reservation process starts after I've snagged a site. As soon it asks for camping equipment I log in, not before.
December 15, 2013 11:20PM
In the past, North Pines had some sites close to the river or creek that could not be reserved at all until the park knew they would not be flooded. Right now, however, it seems like all sites can already by reserved. Did something change, or are they just certain that none of the flooding will take place until after the currently available window (5/16/14)?
December 16, 2013 07:59AM
mswscco
In the past, North Pines had some sites close to the river or creek that could not be reserved at all until the park knew they would not be flooded. Right now, however, it seems like all sites can already by reserved. Did something change, or are they just certain that none of the flooding will take place until after the currently available window (5/16/14)?

I just looked at North Pines and they have "X"'s on all the sites in the last 3 loops on the west end of the campground, meaning these sites aren't available on the system. This starts May 1 and is through the rest of the booking window. They usually don't decide on when and if to open these sites until May. Last year they put them back on the system around May 1 because of the low precipitation last winter and thus no flood projections for the Valley.
December 16, 2013 12:50PM
Like you said, it looks like you can book those sites through the end of April and the remaining sites throug the middle of May. I guess they've never had any significant snow melt before May? The other thing that threw me off is that the site descriptions used to indicate which sites were at risk for being under water and may open later. Maybe those notes will be added for the next booking window.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login