Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Odds of 120 opening may 4th?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Odds of 120 opening may 4th?
January 16, 2014 06:12PM
Odds of 120 opening may 4th? I checked the historic tioga road opening dates, and the earliest was may 3, in 1987. The average is may 27. So I highly doubt it will be open but this winter is going to be dry, unless we get a late storm is it possible?
January 16, 2014 06:15PM
Anything is possible, but I sure hope not.
After two dry winters we need snow, lots of snow.
avatar Re: Odds of 120 opening may 4th?
January 16, 2014 06:18PM
I totally agree with you. Just curious for trip planning.
avatar Re: Odds of 120 opening may 4th?
January 17, 2014 07:51AM
at this rate it will open on Feb 3

I'd ask HikerChicky395. She the 120 exspurt.

Seriously though. Cmon snow. Sheesh.

Get a good week of storms flying thru and all the sudden there's 20 ft. of snow.

I'd plan in pencil. tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 17, 2014 10:03AM
Am hoping for storms, but right now...I think odds are good for an early opening.

This year has been compared to 1977 and the pass opened that year on April 8. The year before...April 10. Ironically, 1976 was the first year I went over the pass and got a glimpse of Yosemite Valley. The next year, I was in the valley via 120 in April...I didn't know that that was unusual. (Got rain and snow on that camping trip though. Visited the dead...or dying...Jeffrey Pine on Sentinel Dome, too.) I didn't see full waterfalls until 1978.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login