All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Yosemite here I come!
January 28, 2014 06:15PM
I haven't been since last February when I camped in the freezing cold at camp 4. I have a new family in the making and plan to introduce them to Yosemite in 11 days! I got one of the loft rooms in the Stoneman House for $110 a night, 3 beds needed for the 3 kids and my fiance. It will be interesting taking small kids there (2, 4 and 10), I am looking forward to sharing my love of the park and hopefully getting them as addicted as I am so it can become a family tradition.

My fiance is 37 and has NEVER been to a national park! Can you believe it?

Just sharing my news, hope you all are well!
Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Yosemite here I come!
January 28, 2014 07:11PM
I LOVE taking new people to Yosemite for the first time. So much fun!
avatar Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Yosemite here I come!
January 28, 2014 07:35PM
I'm jealous. I've never gotten a lodge room at Curry.
January 28, 2014 08:58PM
That is so exciting. I hope that you all have a fantastic time.!!!!!!!!! My son took his first trip to Yosemite when he was 3 months old.
January 28, 2014 09:40PM
Exciting! Heading to Curry on Friday actually. Heated tent cabin for us though...
January 29, 2014 09:42AM
Lucky you. I wanted to go this weekend to see snow but we have other things to do.
January 28, 2014 11:06PM
hotrod4x5
I haven't been since last February when I camped in the freezing cold at camp 4. I have a new family in the making and plan to introduce them to Yosemite in 11 days! I got one of the loft rooms in the Stoneman House for $110 a night, 3 beds needed for the 3 kids and my fiance. It will be interesting taking small kids there (2, 4 and 10), I am looking forward to sharing my love of the park and hopefully getting them as addicted as I am so it can become a family tradition.

Just sharing my news, hope you all are well!

On several occasions in the 1970s, I provided the first view of Yosemite Valley to friends from Turtleback Dome, followed by the east end of the Wawona Tunnel. To say that these first time visitors were impressed is an understatement. I hope that you can provide a similar experience to your fiancé and her children that they will remember their entire lives.
January 28, 2014 11:53PM
hotrod4x5

And you're still willing to marry her??? She must be VERY SPECIAL!

Congratulations!

February 06, 2014 08:39AM
Happy to see the snow! We will be there Sunday, leaving from Fresno about 7. Hoping to stop at either Mariposa Grove and/or Badger for some snow play. If Mariposa Grove road is closed, will just proceed to Badger.

I assume since the X country ski center is opening, the road will too. Will be nice if they open the tubing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2014 10:22AM by hotrod4x5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login