Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Are Valley camping reservations easier to get now?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Are Valley camping reservations easier to get now?
February 15, 2014 07:11AM
I managed to get my first choice campsite at Lower Pines this morning. Nothing terribly complicated either. I just had it open and my eyes were right on the second hand of my cell phone's clock feature. I waited about a second and clicked on "Book These Dates" which I had already selected.

The last time I tried this it took about a half minute to see that I didn't get my first choice, and by that time it was a mad dash to get whatever was left and hope it wasn't chosen by someone else. I guess a few years back people were using bot software to snap up whatever was available in less than a second.

I checked again, and it looks like everything is pretty much gone or will be gone in seconds.
February 15, 2014 07:43AM
4 of us tried, synchronized clocks, 1 second after 7, no luck. Looks like it's Zion/Bryce this year!
February 15, 2014 08:12AM
y_p_w
I managed to get my first choice campsite at Lower Pines this morning. Nothing terribly complicated either. I just had it open and my eyes were right on the second hand of my cell phone's clock feature. I waited about a second and clicked on "Book These Dates" which I had already selected.

The last time I tried this it took about a half minute to see that I didn't get my first choice, and by that time it was a mad dash to get whatever was left and hope it wasn't chosen by someone else. I guess a few years back people were using bot software to snap up whatever was available in less than a second.

I checked again, and it looks like everything is pretty much gone or will be gone in seconds.

No, not easier. You were set up correctly and ready to go, but the lucky part is the timing. A nano second later and someone else would have snagged the site. Congratulations, enjoy your trip. (Sorry Troutwild. Been there done that.)
avatar Re: Are Valley camping reservations easier to get now?
February 15, 2014 09:42AM
mtn man
y_p_w

No, not easier. You were set up correctly and ready to go, but the lucky part is the timing. A nano second later and someone else would have snagged the site. Congratulations, enjoy your trip. (Sorry Troutwild. Been there done that.)

My worry was that I might have clicked a tad too early and it wasted a few seconds to tell me that they didn't consider it 7 AM yet. And by that time maybe someone else snags it. It's also a 24' RV site and I didn't have any option to select a tent as my equipment. I don't think that matters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 09:43AM by y_p_w.
avatar Re: Are Valley camping reservations easier to get now?
February 15, 2014 09:47AM
yeah, i had pre selected the dates, campsite (random one hoping nobody else was on it, probably site 157 or so), and everything so all i had to do was click BOOK THESE DATES and no luck. every other year, no problem. Fortunately I got 6 nights at crane flat as my second option cuz the valley was for sure sold out. screw those scalping bots. im happy they've resolved that issue. didnt see that scalper thread this year
February 15, 2014 10:11AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login