All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Crane Flat Snow Play Area Closed
February 19, 2014 12:20PM
The Crane Flat snow play area in the campground has been closed until there is more snow.
Re: Crane Flat Snow Play Area Closed
March 01, 2014 03:51PM
Any way to get an update on this? Phone number to call?
avatar Re: Crane Flat Snow Play Area Closed
March 01, 2014 03:56PM
It was still closed yesterday (Friday) afternoon.

(Most of the snow from Wednesday's and Friday's storms fell at higher elevations than Crane Flat. Even after Wednesday's and Friday morning's storms blew over, Big Oak Flat Road still had no chain restrictions, the roadway being completely clear of any snow and not a whole lot of snow on the sides of the road either.)

Re: Crane Flat Snow Play Area Closed
March 01, 2014 04:36PM
The guy I spoke to this morning said there were chain restrictions up there today....
March 01, 2014 05:52PM
As of now (5:45 PM), all roads in Yosemite have no chain restrictions.

For up-to-the-minute road conditions information in Yosemite, dial the Yosemite Information Line (209-372-0200) and then press 1, and then press 1 again. The Yosemite on-duty dispatchers keep the information on this recording up-to-date.

March 01, 2014 07:30PM
There were restrictions earlier today, however. I called that number, they reported R2 for Big Oak Flat and Wawona Roads (and the open portion of Glacier Point Road). The visitor center around 1 PM was still showing R2. 140 was clear.

Probably the snow barely touched 6000 ft. - I hiked to Clark Point (5400), saw snow patches in shaded areas but nothing more. Definitely snow up on Glacier Point (7200), and somewhat below.
March 02, 2014 02:53PM
Drove back by Crane Flat today.

Small plow-debris begins at about 5500', small snow patches at 5700'. At 6000' the ground was mostly covered with an inch or two of snow, with bare patches. At Crane Flat (about 6200') the ground was continuously covered with a few inches of snow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login