All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar They just sat and watched while a bear destroyed property?
March 08, 2014 02:28PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 02:29PM by eeek.
Re: They just sat and watched while a bear destroyed property?
March 08, 2014 02:51PM
Be interesting to know whether or not that car belonged to the people who were filming (my guess is not, given how casual they seem about it).
avatar Re: They just sat and watched while a bear destroyed property?
March 08, 2014 03:56PM
DavidK42

Be interesting to know whether or not that car belonged to the people who were filming (my guess is not, given how casual they seem about it).

It didn't. It was mentioned in the description of the video on YouTube. Here's the exact quote:

“We came upon this bear in the parking lot of Sentinal Beach in Yosemite Valley. He was really going a that Yakima! By the time we circled back around after telling nearby people having picnics and the Ranger, the bear had broken in and gotten whatever food he wanted! We later saw the driver of this car in another part of the park and he did not look happy at all...”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 04:51PM by plawrence.
March 08, 2014 05:32PM
I guess they missed that memo about scaring bears away from human food sources .. more fun to just take the video.
March 09, 2014 11:28AM
exactly. it reminds me of a few years ago while I was looking for a site near a 'bear hotspot' on sunrise creek. I had done a circular and was approaching my rucksack which I had left on an old stump when a bear ambled up to it and began to sniff. luckily I didn't have any thinking time and began clapping my hands and shouting as per the 'Bear Aware' book. it looked at me as if to say 'is that all you've got' then ambled away looking totally underwhelmed. as I picked up my pack my attention was taken by a couple pumping water twenty yards away. 'scaredy bear' I heard a 'man' say. 'Did you get a picture of it?' she asked her boyfriend. still shaking with excitement/fear, I kept my expletive thoughts to myself, but wondered what had happened to the 'all for one, one for all ethos of bear encounters. needless to say I didn't camp there for the night, preferring to run downhill all the way to LYV.Bear Head
March 09, 2014 11:31AM
What jerks. To film and make jokes about a bear breaking into the box and not even try to scare it away. A fed bear is a dead bear, not to mention how the person who owned the car had their vacation messed up.
March 09, 2014 12:14PM
She also mispronounces the manufacturer of the cargo box when she says "that should be an ad for Thule" (pronouncing the word as "Tool" )
or perhaps she was merely speaking in the first person...
May 15, 2014 04:44PM
parklover
What jerks. To film and make jokes about a bear breaking into the box and not even try to scare it away. A fed bear is a dead bear, not to mention how the person who owned the car had their vacation messed up.

What they needed to do:

May 15, 2014 06:22PM
Good girl, she can come with me anytime.
March 08, 2014 06:04PM
+1 what mtn man said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login