Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumme campground, will I get turned away?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumme campground, will I get turned away?
March 15, 2014 10:15AM
I hope some Yosemite regulars might have some advice. I was lucky enough to get a campground reservation at Tuolumme. But in my anticipation to get a site I booked an 18 ft trailer site but have a 20 ft trailer. Honest mistake not trying to get around the rules. Do you think I will be allowed the site or are they quite strict and going to turn me away? Would I be able to park my trailer in the site I have reserved and my truck elsewhere? Am I just out of luck?
avatar Re: Tuolumme campground, will I get turned away?
March 15, 2014 11:32AM
Get there early on your day of your arrival and you should be fine.

Remember, half of Tuolumne Meadows Campground campsites are first come/first served, so if you arrive early I'm very confident they'll be able to assign you a campsite that will fit your RV. Unlike at other campgrounds in Yosemite that accept advance reservations, one is not assigned a specific campsite at Tuolumne Meadows until one arrives at the campground.

Try to show up there by 10 AM and you should be fine. (You'll probably be fine if you show up by 1 PM too.)

The worst case scenario would be, as you already mentioned, that you'll need to park your truck in the overflow lot. But again, with only a two-foot difference in length of your RV and what you reserved, I doubt that will occur. But to be safe, arrive early at the campground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2014 06:02PM by plawrence.
March 17, 2014 07:15PM
Thanks!
March 16, 2014 08:15AM
When I had a 5th wheel I always chose sites that were up to 5 feet shorter that my rig. Reason? Over hang. My axle was a third of the way from the back, so I could back up to the bumper, and have about 5 feet of my trailer hanging over the dirt.
p
And like Plawrence said, they'll assign you a site based on your equipment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login