All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Bald Mountain
May 03, 2014 05:39PM
Anyone been up Bald Mountain, north of Aspen Valley? If so, how was it? And, what is the trail like to Base Line Camp? Thinking of looping through Aspen Valley, Base Line, Smith Meadow (checking out Smith Peak), and taking Old Tioga Road back in a couple weeks.
Re: Bald Mountain
May 06, 2014 05:40AM
Man, I guess this one pretty unexplored region of Yosemite.
May 06, 2014 01:11PM
KC

Chick-on goes there.
May 06, 2014 01:26PM
KC

Yes it is. Was up there 5 or 6 years ago. First thing, that whole area burned in the Rim Fire so conditions will be much different than when I was there. I imagine that there will be many more open/sunny areas than before. The trail over Bald Mtn was really hard to follow in sections when I did it, but with the fire a lot of the bushes are probably gone, so that will be easier. However, with the fire there could be a lot of needlecast on the trail, covering it like a light layer of snow, making it very difficult to follow in areas. I would be prepared for a lot of route finding as well as other fire related conditions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login