Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: When will the Tuolumne Meadows store open?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

When will the Tuolumne Meadows store open?
May 10, 2014 04:38PM
I know that it is usually a while after the road opens and before the campground. Anybody have the inside scoop?

I am asking because I will be arriving in Yosemite Valley by YARTS on Tuesday 5/13. Planning to backpack to Tuolumne and environs, and then back down to the valley, out for a week, maybe more. It would be great to be able to top up supplies in the store.
avatar Re: When will the Tuolumne Meadows store open?
May 10, 2014 11:43PM
It should be soon. I drove by today and it looks like they got the tent covering up. They just have to put the insides back in. I'd say they'd be done by Memorial day, but not next Tuesday.
May 11, 2014 07:37AM
Thanks for the info Dave.
If the tent covering is up I think there would be some chance that they open next weekend. That will be four days into my trip. By that time I will be ready for a snack, some ice cream and the opportunity to top off my supplies with a couple of freeze dried meals. If they are not yet open I will just return to the valley, and if they are I will have the opportunity to stretch out my trip a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 08:55AM by KatyAnderson.
May 20, 2014 10:03AM
To answer my own question: no the store is not yet open.
As Dave pointed out the tent covering is up. When I peeked in this past weekend, the shelves were not yet stocked.
May 20, 2014 06:46PM
Since the pass closed today, it may take a few minutes to get to that.
avatar Re: When will the Tuolumne Meadows store open?
May 20, 2014 07:02PM
It doesn't look good for tomorrow either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login