All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

tioga road open by thurdsay 5/22?
May 21, 2014 08:54AM
I'm supposed to be in Tuolumne tomorrow...anybody have an update?
Re: tioga road open by thurdsay 5/22?
May 21, 2014 11:57AM
I just heard: tonight soilent tarmac is being layered over the snow to make a firm and reliable surface for all kinds of transport. first thing in the morning, transport equipped with soilent tyres on soilent rims carrying soilent passengers will travel with ease along the whole of the 120- even as far as the Alaskan highway. unfortunately, anyone in the area (TM) expecting to buy provisions-ice cream-coffee-beer-giant plums-chips (English chips, not fRENCH fRIES)-cheese-cake- cheesecake-plastic cutlery etc. etc. will be right out of luck, as the only thing available will be...
you guessed! c*** I wouldn't feed to a dog.Feed ME!
avatar Re: tioga road open by thurdsay 5/22?
May 21, 2014 12:14PM
hegel
I'm supposed to be in Tuolumne tomorrow...anybody have an update?

My guess is it'll open on Friday.
May 21, 2014 12:35PM
Thanks eeek. I called the automated park phone; they report the road closed but give no estimated opening date. Oh well, there's always the backpacker campground in the valley!
avatar Re: tioga road open by thurdsay 5/22?
May 21, 2014 01:42PM
Several inches of snow in Tuolumne Meadows this morning, 5/21/14, from http://www.myyosemite.com/

]
May 21, 2014 04:33PM
Yikes, didn't expect to see that much snow from this storm. I've been watching the glacier point web cams closely this week and there was no where near this much snow in that area. This has me worried though, was planning to do the Buena Vista loop this weekend, hope we don't run into that much snow at 9000 ft.
May 21, 2014 03:33PM
Damn! that's more snow than I expected. Maybe I'll bring my beater nordic skis...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login