Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tioga Road Rehabilitation

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tioga Road Rehabilitation
June 02, 2014 10:53AM
June 2, 2014 thru September 30, 2015 - Traffic Delays

The Tioga Road Rehabilitation Project is starting Monday, June 2, 2014. The crews will be working on a 15-mile segment of the Tioga Road from the Crane Flat Intersection to just east of the Whitewolf Campground. There will also be delivery trucks using the full Tioga Road corridor for this 2-year project, that will begin next week and conclude on September 30, 2015. There will be traffic control operations with flaggers and/or pilot cars directing traffic thru the construction zones. Crews will be working at multiple locations along this 15-mile segment of the Tioga Road with the following delays Sunday night 11:00 PM thru Friday nights at 4:30 PM, with no weekend or holiday work: For daily traffic control updates, call the park information line at (209) 372-0200. Please allow for the following delays as you are traveling along the Tioga Road corridor:

Sunday Nights Thru Friday Afternoon
  • 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM 60-Minute Delays
  • 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM 15-Minute Delays
  • 7:30 AM to 3:30 AM 30-Minute Delays
  • 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM 15-Minute Delays
  • 4:30 PM to 11:00 PM 30-Minute Delays
avatar Re: Tioga Road Rehabilitation
June 02, 2014 05:47PM
They should have started last fall when Tioga Pass is closed. They'd have most of the road to themselves without any traffic to worry about. The same would have worked in the spring. Most of the road was snow free, and traffic free, for most of the winter.
June 02, 2014 10:32PM
Dave

They should have started last fall when Tioga Pass is closed. They'd have most of the road to themselves without any traffic to worry about. The same would have worked in the spring. Most of the road was snow free, and traffic free, for most of the winter.

No can do.

When laying asphalt, the ambient temperature has to be above a certain temp for the asphalt to set correctly. When I was in college, I worked on several road crews during the summer. IIRC, the ambient temperature needed to be 45ºF or higher.

June 03, 2014 07:43PM
plawrence
Dave
No can do.

When laying asphalt, the ambient temperature has to be above a certain temp for the asphalt to set correctly. When I was in college, I worked on several road crews during the summer. IIRC, the ambient temperature needed to be 45ºF or higher..

Much of the time frame I mentioned the temps would be above what is required.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login