Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Upper Pines Sites 104 and 107 - 5th Wheel Help!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Pines Sites 104 and 107 - 5th Wheel Help!
June 03, 2014 08:54AM
We are headed to Yosemite (for the first time!) in September, and our group has sites 104 and 107 in Upper Pines. Since we are the only ones with the RV, we have the option to pick the spot, but the website says that the max 5th wheel length is 24 feet. I've been doing some research in the forums and found that the max lengths are very conservative based on maneuverability, but my husband can maneuver our 5th wheel very well, and we have a short bed with a sliding hitch. I've been able to find posts with specific sites, but nothing on sites 104 or 107. My concern is that because of the trees, we won't fit in the spot, and I'd hate to be turned away. Does anyone have any experience with these sites? We will also be able to park our truck in family member's site, so that isn't a concern. Thanks for your help!!
June 03, 2014 09:12AM
RV length limits are mostly based on the actual length of the parking pad. Some have obstacles that may prevent an RV from utilizing the entire space and, as you mentioned, there may be maneuverability issues. I will be in the valley in 3 weeks and could measure the sites (w/ photos) if you like. Someone else here may also be able to do that sooner.
avatar Re: Upper Pines Sites 104 and 107 - 5th Wheel Help!
June 03, 2014 09:13AM
There is a link at the bottom of this page that leads to picture of all sites.

"See your campsite before you book it." It looks to me that either 104 or 107 will handle something larger than 24 feet.

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2014 09:15AM by mrcondron.
June 03, 2014 10:03AM
Hear is a link to a similar discussion about site sizes and trailer sizes. Scroll down and you will see that "Pinecone" put up a list of campsites and their pad sizes. The word "clear" means that behind the end of the pad there are no trees or obstructions past the end pad bumpers. "w/2" means 2 ft. past the pad bumper there is an obstruction.

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,53048,53063
June 03, 2014 12:03PM
June 03, 2014 04:30PM
Thanks for your help!
June 03, 2014 03:56PM
Hey Famcamp, just out of curiosity how long is your 5th wheel and do you have slide outs? Could make a difference.
June 03, 2014 04:30PM
Thanks mtn man, can't believe I forgot to include that. It is 30 feet and we have one slide out.

Thanks!
June 03, 2014 05:36PM
My guess is that you'll be able to get it into one of those sites (since you'll be able to park the tow vehicle in another site) but I'd rely on "Troutwilds " 's offer to scope out the site in a couple of weeks. You may want to look at the
internet pics. of those sites to see how your slide out will fit.
June 05, 2014 02:34PM
Often times, the parking pad in the campground is actually large enough, but the actual loop road to get to the site is not able to be maneuvered by large rigs (the campground roads were build long before rigs became so large). So, the length of the parking pad is not always the only indicator if you will fit. (I used to work in the valley campgrounds). The length limits are conservative, but if you arrive with equipment different from what you booked the site for, and you can't fit, there is nothing much they will be able to do as the campgrounds are sold out at that time of year. The site descriptions are there so that people choose the correct site for their equipment. I hope it works out for you. good luck.
June 07, 2014 08:38AM
yoser
Often times, the parking pad in the campground is actually large enough, but the actual loop road to get to the site is not able to be maneuvered by large rigs (the campground roads were build long before rigs became so large). So, the length of the parking pad is not always the only indicator if you will fit. (I used to work in the valley campgrounds). The length limits are conservative, but if you arrive with equipment different from what you booked the site for, and you can't fit, there is nothing much they will be able to do as the campgrounds are sold out at that time of year. The site descriptions are there so that people choose the correct site for their equipment. I hope it works out for you. good luck.

I agree.
June 08, 2014 11:02AM
Try this: http://yosemitecampsites.com/upperpines/index.php/104

And this: http://yosemitecampsites.com/upperpines/index.php/107

Judging by the photos, I think a 30ft 5th wheel will fit by itself with a skilled driver.

Good luck! Have fun.
June 09, 2014 07:02AM
Here's another site with campsite photos. Not only look at 104 and 107 but look at 118 as it shows your two campsites behind it. Also beyond 115 you can see your campground road as it curves. That bent post in the background I believe is the campsite marker along the road for 107....

http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Upper-Pines
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login