Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (54% of Full)

Advanced

Re: A few photos

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar A few photos - More added!
June 15, 2014 01:28PM
Well, I've returned and somewhat recovered from my trip. I didn't go anywhere you all haven't been but thought I would share a few pics.

Near the base of Lower Yosemite Falls

Not exactly a sunset, but it was a rather colorful post sunset sky from Sentinel Dome.

From the trailhead at May Lake.

From off the Mist Trail at the photographer's rock.

I hiked down the 4 Mile Trail from Glacier Point. I can't remember if this was from Union Point or just near the winter gate where I turned around to return.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 09:45AM by JohnC.
June 15, 2014 04:24PM
Nice photos. Wish I was there!
June 15, 2014 06:46PM
cmon4day
Nice photos. Wish I was there!

Thank you.
June 15, 2014 06:54PM
Awesome. Thank you for sharing!
June 15, 2014 07:50PM
Maybe people don't realize...

You share... I share...

You ask for advice... you come back and say how it went.
(even if you didn't went)

Tanks For Sharon!

Chick-on is looking at you!
June 15, 2014 08:18PM
chick-on

You share... I share...

Tanks For Sharon!

I'm confused. Were you looking for more feedback or detail? I'd be happy to share but don't want to bore anybody. Most of you here are hard core back country people. Me, I stay in a hotel/condo/tent cabin and run with the commoners.
June 15, 2014 09:01PM
JohnC
chick-on

You share... I share...

Tanks For Sharon!

I'm confused. Were you looking for more feedback or detail? I'd be happy to share but don't want to bore anybody. Most of you here are hard core back country people. Me, I stay in a hotel/condo/tent cabin and run with the commoners.

No no. Sorry. Believe it or not I was commending you... not condemning you.
You da guy that asked about Hoffmann. Obliviously you no make it up... no biggie.
Not a problemo.
Far too often peeps come around... ask question... and never heard from again.

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
June 15, 2014 09:16PM
chick-on
JohnC
chick-on

You share... I share...

Tanks For Sharon!

No no. Sorry. Believe it or not I was commending you... not condemning you.
You da guy that asked about Hoffmann. Obliviously you no make it up... no biggie.
Not a problemo.
Far too often peeps come around... ask question... and never heard from again.

Have fun

So you really don't want me to bore you, eh? :-)

OK, thanks. Yeah, I got to May Lake fine. The trail to Hoffmann involved snow and difficulty in me finding the trail as it continued upward. I was by myself. After wandering off trail a couple of times and hitting dead ends, I decided the prudent thing to do would be to turn back. Disappointing since I felt physically good enough that I feel like I could have made it if I knew where I was going. But at least I stayed out of the news. Also blazed a new trail returning as I couldn't find my old footprints in the snow. But any safe hike is a good hike. I still had a great time.
June 18, 2014 08:53PM
Good for you for making a wise choice! The mountain will still be there. Come back and try again when conditions are more amenable. Once you get the idea of the route, maybe try again and challenge yourself with more difficult conditions. Build up to it.

And as Chick-on said, thanks for coming back to report on your trip. I never get tired of seeing those beautiful places! Brings back all sorts of memories. Happy Isles, btw, is an absolute favorite of mine. So many lovely memories of just enjoying the river and surroundings there all throughout the year. So lovely. All the shots were lovely. Thank you!
June 18, 2014 10:11PM
JustKeepWalking
Good for you for making a wise choice! The mountain will still be there. Come back and try again when conditions are more amenable. Once you get the idea of the route, maybe try again and challenge yourself with more difficult conditions. Build up to it.

And as Chick-on said, thanks for coming back to report on your trip. I never get tired of seeing those beautiful places! Brings back all sorts of memories. Happy Isles, btw, is an absolute favorite of mine. So many lovely memories of just enjoying the river and surroundings there all throughout the year. So lovely. All the shots were lovely. Thank you!

You're welcome. I certainly enjoy seeing photos from others so I'm glad people enjoyed these. :-)

I'm not sure I need to challenge myself intentionally with harder hikes. The basic ones are hard enough. You show me a short cut and I'll take it. (I just used the one to Sentinel Dome for the first time this trip.) I'm not as young as I used to be and my body keeps reminding me of that. That old saying about old age not being for sissies isn't just a joke. It's the absolute truth! :-)
June 16, 2014 09:44AM
Here's a few more...

Near the Happy Isles Nature Center

Olmsted Point

Coming back down the Mist Trail

Almost Tunnel View

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 09:46AM by JohnC.
Re: A few photos - More added!
June 18, 2014 01:08AM
Nice shots!
avatar Re: A few photos - More added!
June 18, 2014 09:04AM
KatyAnderson
Nice shots!

Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login