Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Sunrise HSC to Clouds Rest (and back)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Sunrise HSC to Clouds Rest (and back)
August 27, 2014 08:08PM
I have reservations at Sunrise HSC in a few weeks. Planning on doing a day trip out and back to Clouds Rest from Sunrise. Looking forward to it. Has anyone done this particular trip? Any pointers? I was wondering f there will be anyplace along the route to/from Sunrise/CR to get water this time of year.
avatar Re: Sunrise HSC to Clouds Rest (and back)
August 28, 2014 12:30AM
There is a small creek at about the halfway point that has had water in it everytime I've been by it. You can't miss it.

Old Dude
Re: Sunrise HSC to Clouds Rest (and back)
August 28, 2014 03:42PM
There is always water in Sunrise Lakes and in the tarn about 1 mile south of the HSC/Sunrise TH/Cloud's Rest trail junction. Be prepared to treat the tarn water.

The small creek about 0.6 mi south of the tarn was skimpy and greenish in mid-July. A poster in another forum said was now dry. I wish I could recall exactly to supply a link.

Edit: I remembered the link: http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthreads.php/topics/39502/Re_Prepping_for_Cloud_s_Rest_8
See 63Chevyll's posting 2nd from the bottom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 03:46PM by Dave_Ayers.
September 01, 2014 09:21AM
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,66546,66546#msg-66546

The largest creeklet has/had fish in it... so if it is indeed COMPLETELY dry (which I doubt)
then that would be sad...

Chick-on is looking at you!
September 01, 2014 10:08PM
Thanks for the info. Hope to be getting back from my CR summit next Monday evening. Figuring less crowded on Monday rather than Sunday...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login