All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Hikers evacuated due to fire
September 08, 2014 03:55AM
avatar Re: Hikers evacuated due to fire
September 08, 2014 08:10AM
Estimated size is now up to 2600 acres, from ABC 30 Fresno.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2014 08:10AM by ttilley.
Re: Hikers evacuated due to fire
September 08, 2014 09:38AM
So glad everybody in the video enjoyed their free helicopter ride...good thing that an out-of-control fire started so they could go sight-seeing! Sarcasm sign

This is truly bizarre...the Meadow Fire's been smoldering in 19 acres for a month-and-a-half and now, in a matter of a weekend, it's spread to 2600 acres! I suppose it could be a matter of some sudden winds whipping the existing burn into a dry area (we all know that there's a plethora of THOSE around right now) but I wonder what the chances are that this is another human-caused one? Certainly hope they get this under control quickly. sad smiley
September 08, 2014 09:49AM
DavidK42

This is truly bizarre...the Meadow Fire's been smoldering in 19 acres for a month-and-a-half and now, in a matter of a weekend, it's spread to 2600 acres! I suppose it could be a matter of some sudden winds whipping the existing burn into a dry area (we all know that there's a plethora of THOSE around right now) but I wonder what the chances are that this is another human-caused one? Certainly hope they get this under control quickly. sad smiley

I'm sure the fire investigators will track down the new ignition point of this latest blaze that will help shed light on its cause.

September 09, 2014 03:35PM
We were some of the hikers evacuated from Sunrise HSC. Cut our trip short.
Re: Hikers evacuated due to fire
September 09, 2014 08:33PM
Sorry to hear that... did they have you walk out over Cath pass to TM?
September 09, 2014 10:24PM
Yep. We could only go out via Cath Lakes to TM. The wind really picked up that morning. We were back at camp having lunch when the smoke really started to be noticeable. By 2:30 they told us to evacuate. We were on the trail by 3:00.
September 10, 2014 11:21AM
If you had to leave early you should have at least got a helicopter ride! winking smiley

At least you made it out okay. smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login