All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tuolumne Meadows Campground
September 29, 2014 01:35PM
Tuolumne Meadows Campground closed for the season at noon on Sunday, September 28.
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground
September 29, 2014 04:07PM
Nooooo!
Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground
October 02, 2014 01:31PM
Does that include the backpacker's campground? I've been trying to get in touch with the wilderness permit office, but my timing seems to be very poor...
October 02, 2014 01:46PM
vitaminC
Does that include the backpacker's campground? I've been trying to get in touch with the wilderness permit office, but my timing seems to be very poor...

It's implied to be closed:

Tuolumne Meadows: These sites are inside the Tuolumne Meadows Campground, behind the A loop. Open July through late September (approximately).
October 03, 2014 10:49AM
When the campground is closed, so is the backpackers. Had the same question a few years ago and that is what I got. Same with early season too.
October 16, 2014 09:00PM
I wonder if I could just go up there now and pitch a tent. Park at the Dog Lake trailhead or something.
October 18, 2014 07:15AM
There is no overnight parking allowed on Tioga Road after October 15. So, unless someone drops you off; the backpacking season in the high country is essentially over.
October 24, 2014 11:30PM
I thought that meant on the road road. It includes the parking lots also?
October 25, 2014 08:29AM
As per the NPS website....

"Overnight parking on the Tioga Road (and associated PARKING LOTS) and Glacier Point Road beyond Badger Pass is prohibited beginning October 15 each year until the roads reopen the following spring. No shuttle service is available (except for the Glacier Point Tour, which stops only at Glacier Point). On the Tioga Road, parking is available at Tuolumne Grove or east of Tioga Pass (outside the park), until the road closes."sad smiley
October 25, 2014 10:10AM
Paris92

Really? Why do you think the Park Service has that restriction in place?

The reason: so they can shutdown and close the road for the winter anytime AFTER October 15th, usually after (or right before) the first significant snowfall of the season. They want no visitors' vehicles parked anywhere on Tioga Road or any of the spur roads or parking areas that are accessed via Tioga Road when they decide to close Tioga Road for the winter season.

October 26, 2014 06:49AM
Paris92

Shame on you for thinking such a thing. angry smiley

Old Dude
October 27, 2014 09:36PM
I know... smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login