Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Glacier Point restrooms

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Glacier Point restrooms
September 30, 2014 10:56PM
I was at Glacier Point on Sunday and saw that the flush toilet restrooms that have been closed for years were opened. Does anyone know when they were reopened?
October 01, 2014 04:17PM
Interesting and important question. Don't know the answer.
October 01, 2014 06:46PM
I was surprised to see them opened. I thought they had to stay closed due to the lawsuit.
avatar Re: Glacier Point restrooms
October 01, 2014 09:48PM
parklover

I was surprised to see them opened. I thought they had to stay closed due to the lawsuit.

Now that they have closed off the portion of Curry Village closest to Glacier Point, maybe they have less fear about being sued by someone injured by any subsequent rockfall off of Glacier Point (regardless if the cause of the rockfall was (or was not) caused by the restrooms' septic system).
October 01, 2014 07:42PM
They were open at least as of Saturday, September 13 in the morning. It was weird.. Seemed they had split the women's in half so men were in the front half and the women in the back half of the same side of the building. And it was dirty. And they were actively working on some serious remodeling or fixing or something... Don't know what was up with what I thought was the men's side...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2014 07:43PM by JustKeepWalking.
October 01, 2014 09:45PM
Both sides were opened but it was dirty. I can never understand why people are such slobs in public restrooms
October 02, 2014 09:05AM
They're slobs at home too.

Old Dude
October 02, 2014 06:24PM
Agreed they may be slobs at home, but much worse when it is not their property. Just like any other entitlement issue. Not take ownership.
June 15, 2015 09:26AM
I was there yesterday...and they're closed again. They were open, as you reported, when I was there in September. Pounding head on desk
June 15, 2015 01:25PM
It could be a shortage of water.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login