Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Senior pass Birthday Cake

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Senior pass
October 08, 2014 10:05AM

This last weekend was an important one for us, because when we entered the park through the Big Oak Flat entrance station, I was able to show his ID and purchase a Senior Pass for $10.

According to the USGS store that sells them:

A Senior Pass is a $10.00 lifetime pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.

It allows me (and anyone with me) to enter any National Park in the USA for free. Plus it qualifies me for discounts on other costs like campground fees. Very cool.

Here’s a link to the FAQs about the Senior Pass. Spread the word.

http://store.usgs.gov/pass/senior.html

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
October 08, 2014 08:35PM
BTW, it includes Reds Meadow entry (as does the Interagency annual pass for the youger of us).
avatar Re: Senior pass Birthday Cake
October 09, 2014 11:47AM
balzaccom

This last weekend was an important one for us, because when we entered the park through the Big Oak Flat entrance station, I was able to show his ID and purchase a Senior Pass for $10.

Also known as an ODP (Old Dude Pass). wink

Congratulations on the milestone!

October 09, 2014 02:25PM
On my trip this year in June, I became eligible the day I rolled into the park. (Not a coincidence smiling smiley) One of the best buys I've ever made. Sweeeeet! smileys with beer
October 09, 2014 03:45PM
plawrence
balzaccom

Also known as an ODP (Old Dude Pass). wink

Congratulations on the milestone!

AKA "golden geezer" pass.
October 09, 2014 07:54PM
Dave

For those that remember the Golden Eagle pass?
October 09, 2014 07:57PM
eeek
Dave

For those that remember the Golden Eagle pass?

I remember friends having them. How is the senior pass different from the old Golden Eagle pass? Other than I'd rather be called a golden eagle than a senior. grinning smiley
Re: Senior pass Birthday Cake
October 09, 2014 09:13PM
When my dad got his Golden Age, it was free, I think. I don't think there is any functional difference between that and the Senior Pass, good for the rest of the pass holder's location life.*

The Golden Eagle was a 12-month pass, wasn't it?

*Bloody autocorrect....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2014 10:03PM by JustKeepWalking.
October 09, 2014 09:49PM
JustKeepWalking
The Golden Eagle was a 12-month pass, wasn't it?

Yes, it was similar to today's interagency pass.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login